Green Pork and Hominy Chili
Provided By: Kate Slate
Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the pan along with 2 tablespoons water, the poblanos, scallions, garlic, and salt. Cook, stirring often, until the poblanos and scallions are softened, 7 to 9 minutes.
Return the pork (and any accumulated juices on the plate) to the pan along with the hominy, cilantro, and parsley. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook until the pork is cooked through, about 3 minutes. Taste for seasoning but be careful with adding salt, because the lime juice that goes in at the table will give the chili a sense of saltiness.
Serve the chili topped with avocado, with lime wedges for squeezing.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total|
|Calories||475||Calories from fat||216|
|Total Fat||24gm||37%||Saturated Fat||5gm||25%|
|Vitamin A||20%||Vitamin C||62%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Kate Slate
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
Is The Universe A Hologram? Physicists Say It's Possible
Beyonce Shares Blue Ivy Photo, Still Manages To Keep Her From Prying Eyes
10 Vintage Styles That Really Need To Come Back
If Only All Moms Could Breastfeed Like Gisele
11-Year-Old Boy Stops Traffic To Rescue Dog Hit By Car (PHOTOS)
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar