Green Pork and Hominy Chili
Provided By: Kate Slate
Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the pan along with 2 tablespoons water, the poblanos, scallions, garlic, and salt. Cook, stirring often, until the poblanos and scallions are softened, 7 to 9 minutes.
Return the pork (and any accumulated juices on the plate) to the pan along with the hominy, cilantro, and parsley. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook until the pork is cooked through, about 3 minutes. Taste for seasoning but be careful with adding salt, because the lime juice that goes in at the table will give the chili a sense of saltiness.
Serve the chili topped with avocado, with lime wedges for squeezing.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total|
|Calories||475||Calories from fat||216|
|Total Fat||24gm||37%||Saturated Fat||5gm||25%|
|Vitamin A||20%||Vitamin C||62%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Kate Slate
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
Mummified Body Of Woman Found At Detroit-area Home
Award-Winning Photo Tells Us More About The Syria Crisis Than Any Statistic Can
Girl Speaks Gibberish With Perfect Accents To Show What Languages Sound Like To Foreigners
Did Michael Jackson Have A Secret Son? Well, Here's What's Going On
These 9 Maps Should Absolutely Outrage Southerners
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses