Grilled Beet Salad with Balsamic and Goat Cheese
Keep the beets separate so the red beets don't discolor the golden beets.
Peel the beets then cut the smaller beets lengthwise in half and larger beets lengthwise into four wedges.
Using a Microplane rasp grater grate 1 teaspoon of orange zest into a large bowl then squeeze 1/4 cup of orange juice into the bowl.
Whisk in the vinegar garlic and thyme.
Slowly drizzle in the oil and whisk to blend well.
Toss the beets in separate medium bowls with the vinaigrette to coat.
Marinate 30 minutes tossing occasionally.
Prepare a barbecue for medium heat. Remove the beets from the vinaigrette; reserve the vinaigrette.
Grill the beets until they are tender turning as needed about 10 minutes.
Return the beets to the vinaigrette and toss to coat.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Divide the beets among 4 plates.
Crumble the goat cheese over the warm beets. Garnish with the chervil leaves.
Drizzle some of the vinaigrette around the plate and serve.
- Grilled Peppers, Eggplant & Zucchini with Lemon-Harissa Dressing
- Coffin Canapes with Red Pepper, Goat Cheese, and Black-Olive Spread
- Pearled Barley Salad with Apples, Pomegranate Seeds and Pine Nuts
Add a Comment
Target's Latest Photoshop Fail Looks Pretty Painful
Miley Cyrus Performs In Underwear After Missing Costume Change
Obama Pushes Obamacare Enrollment On 'Between Two Ferns' With Zach Galifianakis
Charlie The Dog's Life Saved By Drinking Vodka
Michele Bachmann Claims Gay People Have 'Bullied The American People'
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses