Grilled Chili Marinated Skirt Steak
Provided By: Shelley Wiseman
Skirt steak is a succulent cut perfect for grilling. It varies greatly in thickness and often the end pieces will be half as thick as the center pieces (it is one long strip, which may already be cut into steaks when you find it in the supermarket), which is why we give a range in grilling time. Here the steaks get a flavor boost from a quick chili marinade for extra depth and richness.
Mince garlic and mash together with salt. Put in a bowl and add Salsa Taquera, chili powder, molasses, cumin and vegetable oil, stirring to combine.
Pat steaks dry and season lightly with salt. Coat steaks with chili mixture and marinate 30 minutes.
Heat a grill or grill-pan over medium-high heat until hot.
Lightly oil grill or grill-pan and cook steaks, in batches if necessary, 2 to 5 minutes on each side, depending on thickness, for medium rare.
Let steaks stand 5 minutes before serving.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total|
|Calories||269||Calories from fat||108|
|Total Fat||12gm||18%||Saturated Fat||5gm||25%|
|Vitamin A||3%||Vitamin C||1%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Shelley Wiseman
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
- Almaz’s Ethiopian Doro Wat (Chicken Curry) inspired by Cutting for Stone
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
- Cilantro Spice Yogurt Dip with Pita Strips and Vegetables
Add a Comment
Marijuana In Wendy's Burger Was 'Misplaced' By Employee Amy Seiber: Cops (PHOTO)
Jada Pinkett Smith Rocked A Bikini This Thanksgiving While You Were Stuffing Your Face
These Celebrity Weddings Of 2013 Took Our Breath Away
Pamela Anderson Is Now A Brunette (No, We're Not Kidding)
Beyonce Posts Bikini Photos From Her Recent Jamaican Holiday
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have