Grilled Shrimp Nachos
De-vein, peel, and remove tails from 1 1/2 pounds of large shrimp (jumbo tiger prawns are a great choice). In a large bowl, toss shrimp with 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, juice from 1 lemon, salt, and pepper. Let marinate for about 1/2 hour while you heat up the grill to medium-high heat. Grill shrimp on each side until they turn pink, about 5 minutes total, depending on size. Set grilled shrimp aside.
Roughly chop 3 vine tomatoes, 1 red onion, 1/4 Serrano chili, 4 to 5 radishes, and 1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro leaves. Add above ingredients along with juice from 1/2 lime, 1/4 cup of extra- virgin olive oil, and salt and pepper into a food processor and pulse. Take the shrimp and add it to the salsa in the food processor. Pulse until well combined but still chunky.
Take a medium saucepan and melt 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter over medium heat. Add 4 tablespoons of all purpose flour and stir well with a wooden spoon. Do not let the flour take on any color. Take a whisk and stir the roux while you slowly add 2 cups of whole milk. Let it come to a simmer and thicken up, it should take about 5 minutes.
Add 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese to the roux, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Heat corn tortilla chips in the oven, as desired. Scoop a generous heaping of cheese sauce onto chips. Pour shrimp salsa over the chips and cheese. Garnish with any remaining shrimp, fresh lime wedges and some fresh cilantro.
- Shrimp-Stuffed Zucchini Flowers (Fiori Di Zucca Ripieni Con Gamberi)
- Roasted Cod and Potatoes with Orange Butter Gremolata
- Broiled Fish Fillets with Coriander-Cumin Mayonnaise
Add a Comment
10 Signs Your Man Is A Psychopath
Inside The Mind Of The Teenage Boy
- Grammy 2014 Snubs: Miley Cyrus Shut Out, Kanye West Comes Up Short, Lorde Lacks Best New Artist
Milla Jovovich: 'Guys Are More Attentive When You Have A Little Weight On You'
- Miley Cyrus' Jingle Ball Performance Of '#Getitright' Features Santa Twerking And Plenty Of Glitter
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- This Incredibly Popular 'Food' Instagram Is Not What It Seems
- 18 Biggest Baking Mishaps and How To Avoid Them
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have