Grilled Turkey With Celery Walnut Pesto
Have your butcher cut the turkey into 4 pieces. (Save the neck and backbone for the gravy.) Lay the pieces out on a platter and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook.
Now prepare the pesto. Toast the walnuts in a hot oven, approximately 350 F, until golden brown. When done season immediately with salt and then set aside to cool. Toast pine nuts in a saute pan over medium heat (if not already toasted) and set aside. Put all the ingredients into a food processor and blend. Drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil into the blender to achieve a smooth consistency, but still has texture. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
To cook the turkey, heat the grill to medium and wipe the grate with some olive oil. Put the turkey on the grill, and cook for 30 minutes. Turn the bird over and continue grilling, basting with more olive oil for another 30 minutes. Test the internal temperature of the thigh with a meat thermometer. Turkey is done when thermometer reads 180 F.
Set aside, cover with foil, and let it rest for about 10 minutes before carving. Serve with a healthy coating of celery-walnut pesto over the top.
- Herb-Stuffed Turkey Thighs with White Wine Sauce (Tacchino Ripieno Con Salsa Al Vino Bianco)
- Roast Turkey Breast with Sage and Vegetable Stuffing
- Cranberry-Orange Glazed Duck with Apple-Pear Compote
Add a Comment
Target's Latest Photoshop Fail Looks Pretty Painful
Miley Cyrus Performs In Underwear After Missing Costume Change
Obama Pushes Obamacare Enrollment On 'Between Two Ferns' With Zach Galifianakis
Charlie The Dog's Life Saved By Drinking Vodka
Michele Bachmann Claims Gay People Have 'Bullied The American People'
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses