Grilled Zucchini and Summer Squash with Avocado
Preheat the barbecue or grill pan with medium-high heat. Season the squash, zucchini, and asparagus lightly with salt and pepper, and brush lightly with 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Grill the zucchini and squash for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, and the asparagus for about 2 minutes total, or until they are slightly charred and cooked through. Transfer the vegetables to a cutting board. Cut the asparagus spears in half and cut the zucchini and squash on the bias into large bite-size pieces.
Whisk the balsamic vinegar and the remaining 3 teaspoons of olive oil in a medium bowl to blend. Add half of the avocado and toss to coat, breaking up the avocado pieces slightly. Season the dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
Toss the grilled vegetables in a large bowl with the arugula and the remaining avocado. Toss the salad with the dressing to coat. Mound the salad on a large serving platter and serve immediately.
- Paul's Baked Squash Dinner with a Salad of Radicchio, Walnuts, and Parmesan
- Shrimp-Stuffed Zucchini Flowers (Fiori Di Zucca Ripieni Con Gamberi)
- Grilled Peppers, Eggplant & Zucchini with Lemon-Harissa Dressing
Add a Comment
Kirstie Alley Explains Why John Travolta Was Her 'Greatest Love'
Celebrity Swans: Awkward Adolescents Turned Smokin' Hot Stars
Miley Cyrus' Jingle Ball Performance Of '#Getitright' Features Santa Twerking And Plenty Of Glitter
Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
Lindsay Lohan Poses In Cutout Swimsuit While In Miami
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have