Gruyere, Arugula, and Prosciutto Stuffed Chicken
Visit dLife.com for more diabetes recipes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Lay each chicken breast between two layers of plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet or heavy rolling pin, pound chicken to 1/4 inch thickness. Remove chicken from plastic wrap. Lay 1 slice of prosciutto, 1 slice of cheese, and 1/4 cup arugula on each chicken breast. Be sure to leave a 1/4 inch border around the edges. Roll chicken, securing edges with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
Place flour in a shallow dish. Coat each chicken breast in flour, shaking to remove excess. Pour oil in a large frying pan and heat over medium-high heat. Lay chicken in oil and cook 5 minutes per side. Move chicken to a baking sheet and cook in oven for 5 minutes; be sure chicken is cooked through. Set aside in a warm spot.
Cook shallots in a frying pan over medium-high heat for 4 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and cook 1 minute. Pour in wine and let boil. Continue cooking until mixture is reduced to 1 cup, about 6 minutes. Pour in broth and let boil. Continue cooking until reduced by half, about 8 minutes.
Whisk water and cornstarch in a small bowl. Whisk into wine mixture and let boil for 1 minute or until thick, stirring continually. Serve sauce drizzled overtop of chicken.
**If you stuff the chicken one day in advance and chill, it will be easier to sauté.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 1 Total|
|Calories||345||Calories from fat||126|
|Total Fat||14gm||22%||Saturated Fat||7gm||35%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: dLife
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
- Adam Lanza's Father: 'Evil' Sandy Hook Shooter Would Have Killed Me 'In A Heartbeat'
Miley Cyrus Performs In Underwear After Missing Costume Change
Joran van der Sloot Extradition: Will Face Extortion Charges In U.S. In 2038
- Investigators Chase 'Every Angle' In Missing Malaysia Jet
Malaysian Airlines Missing Plane May Have Disintegrated Mid-Flight: Source
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Healthy Weekly Dinner Meal Plan: A Whole Week of Healthy Spring Dinners
- 7-Day Early Spring Healthy Dinner Plan
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses