Hazelnut Linzer Hearts
Pulse hazelnuts in food processor until finely ground. Add cookie dough; pulse just until blended.
Divide dough in quarters. Roll each portion between 2 sheets of wax paper to 1/8 in. thick. Freeze on a flat surface at least 30 minutes, or until firm.
Working with 1 portion of dough at a time, remove top sheet of paper. Cut out as many 21/2-in. hearts as possible (if dough becomes soft, return to freezer). Place hearts on ungreased baking sheet. With the 11/2-in. cutter, cut centers out of half of the hearts. Re-roll and cut scraps.
Bake 6 to 8 minutes, or until lightly golden. Cool slightly before gently (they’re fragile) removing to wire rack(s) to cool completely.
Spread 1 tsp jam on each whole heart. Top with a cutout heart and dust with confectioners’ sugar.
Use the dough to make large heart-shaped cookies and pipe on a sentiment using tube frosting.
Drizzle cookies with melted chocolate.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 30 Total|
|Calories||113||Calories from fat||45|
|Total Fat||5gm||8%||Saturated Fat||1gm||5%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Woman's Day
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
Miley Cyrus Uses A Teleprompter Onstage During Her Concerts
8 Couples Who Don't Take The Whole Wedding Thing Too Seriously
Kate Middleton's Date-Night Outfit Has Us Drooling
These 9 Maps Should Absolutely Outrage Southerners
An Otter Attacked An Alligator, And Then Ate It (PHOTOS)
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Healthy Weekly Dinner Meal Plan: A Whole Week of Healthy Spring Dinners
- 7-Day Early Spring Healthy Dinner Plan
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses