You can use the regular cereal instead, but the green, red and yellow holiday version is what makes this luscious cake so festive.
Heat oven to 350°F. Wrap bottom and halfway up sides of an 8-inch springform pan with foil (to prevent leaking).
Crust: Crush cereal in a food processor, or in a plastic bag with a rolling pin, until fine crumbs form. Pour into a bowl and stir in butter until crumbs are moistened. Press over bottom and up sides of springform pan.
Filling: Beat cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla and grated peels.
Pour half the cream-cheese mixture (2 cups) into the pan. Top with the 2 cups cereal. Pour remaining filling on top.
Bake 45 minutes or until a pick inserted near center comes out clean, but center of cake is still jiggly. Turn oven off and leave cake in oven 1 hour or until cool (cake will set completely as it cools). Cover loosely and refrigerate overnight or up to 3 days.
Shortly before serving: Remove foil, then run a knife around edge of cake. Loosen and remove pan sides. Spread sour cream over top of cake. Sprinkle cereal over top.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 1 Total|
|Calories||472||Calories from fat||252|
|Total Fat||28gm||43%||Saturated Fat||0gm||0%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Woman's Day
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
Miley Cyrus Uses A Teleprompter Onstage During Her Concerts
8 Couples Who Don't Take The Whole Wedding Thing Too Seriously
Kate Middleton's Date-Night Outfit Has Us Drooling
These 9 Maps Should Absolutely Outrage Southerners
18 Things Highly Creative People Do Differently
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Healthy Weekly Dinner Meal Plan: A Whole Week of Healthy Spring Dinners
- 7-Day Early Spring Healthy Dinner Plan
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses