Honey Glazed Ham
Combine the honey, vinegar, ginger, mustard, brown sugar, whiskey, orange zest, cinnamon stick, whole cloves, star anise and garlic in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from the heat and steep for 5 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl; discard the solids.
Brush some of the glaze over the ham to coat entirely and generously.
Tent the ham with foil. Bake until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the ham registers 140 degrees F, brushing with the glaze every 20 minutes, about 2 to 2 1/2 hours. The glaze should be golden and caramelized and the ham should be fully heated through.
Remove the roasting pan from the oven and allow the ham to rest for 10 minutes. Transfer the ham to a carving board. Strain any pan drippings into a small bowl and skim off any excess oil.
Preheat the broiler. Place the pineapple slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Brush some of the glaze over the pineapple. Broil until the pineapple is tender and golden brown, basting pineapple with juices, about 10 minutes.
Holding the ham in place with a carving fork, cut the ham into about 1/4-inch-thick slices and arrange on a platter.
Arrange the pineapple slices around the ham. Serve with the reserved pan drippings and any remaining glaze and enjoy.
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
- Braised Pork Shoulder with Tomatoes, Cinnamon, and Olives Over Polenta
- Tea-Smoked Tofu with Pepper and Pork (Yan Dou Fu Gan Zhao Cai)
Add a Comment
Is The Universe A Hologram? Physicists Say It's Possible
Beyonce Shares Blue Ivy Photo, Still Manages To Keep Her From Prying Eyes
10 Vintage Styles That Really Need To Come Back
Ethan Couch Sentenced To Probation In Crash That Killed 4 After Defense Argued He Had 'Affluenza'
Andrew McCutchen Proposes To Girlfriend On 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show' (VIDEO)
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have
- Holiday Hosting Made Easy: Revelry House Tells Us Their Expert Entertaining Tips
- Healthy Ways to Fix Unhealthy Home Decorating Habits