Horchata (Mexican Milkshake)
The technique of pureeing rice or nuts with water is how you make rice milk and almond milk. Horchata is a combination of the two. Watch a video demonstration of How to Make Horchata (Mexican Milkshake) in our Shake It Up video series.
Combine rice, almonds, sugar, vanilla, a pinch of cinnamon and 4 cups water in a blender. Blend until the rice and almonds are completely pulverized, about a minute.
Strain through a mesh strainer. Serve over ice and garnish with cinnamon or freshly grated nutmeg.
TIP: Spike the shakes with amaretto or spiced rum.
TIP: Try this drink warm in the winter, with a little brandy.
TIP: If you can’t find whole blanched almonds, use slivered almonds. Just be sure to find almonds without skin.
- Rich Chocolate Cake with Salty Dulce de Leche & Hazelnut Brittle
- Pasta with Green Beans, Potatoes and Basil Pesto (Pasta Alla Ligure)
- Chestnut Confit with Roasted Potatoes, Bacon, and Kumquats
Add a Comment
Target's Latest Photoshop Fail Looks Pretty Painful
Miley Cyrus Performs In Underwear After Missing Costume Change
Obama Pushes Obamacare Enrollment On 'Between Two Ferns' With Zach Galifianakis
What Happens When 20 Strangers Are Paired Off And Asked To Kiss? Magic
Michele Bachmann Claims Gay People Have 'Bullied The American People'
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses