Irish Corned Beef and Cabbage
It might take a few hours to cook, but this classic braise requires very little effort to throw together and feeds a small army of leprechauns.It's also incredibly delicious and just keeps getting better as leftovers.
Place brisket into a large heavy pot with water and spices. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cover pot. Simmer until brisket is tender, about 3 hours. Cut turnips, carrots, onions, and potatoes in chunks, then scatter vegetables in a pot around beef. Slice cabbage into 1-inch-thick wedges, then layer over beef and vegetables in pot. Cover pot and continue to simmer until vegetables are very tender, about 1 hour more.
To serve: place cabbage on a large platter and scatter vegetables over top. Slice beef and place over vegetables. Serve beef and vegetables topped with horseradish cream.
Add a Comment
Target's Latest Photoshop Fail Looks Pretty Painful
Miley Cyrus Performs In Underwear After Missing Costume Change
Obama Pushes Obamacare Enrollment On 'Between Two Ferns' With Zach Galifianakis
What Happens When 20 Strangers Are Paired Off And Asked To Kiss? Magic
Charlie The Dog's Life Saved By Drinking Vodka
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses