Italian Wedding Soup
Sprinkle the chicken with half the salt. Heat the oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat and add the chicken, half the carrots, celery and onion. Cook 4 to 5 minutes until the chicken skin begins to brown along with the vegetables. Remove the chicken skin and discard it.
Cover chicken with 10 cups of water. Bring to a slow boil, then immediately reduce to a simmer. Add the remaining carrot, celery and onion. Cook 15 to 20 minutes, skimming any foam from the top of the liquid once or twice. Cover and turn off the heat. Rest 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink at the bone.
While the chicken is cooking, prepare the meatballs. Combine the turkey, half the grated cheese, breadcrumbs, garlic, pepper, nutmeg and one of the eggs in a large bowl. Mix well and form into small meatballs about the size of a grape.
Remove chicken from soup broth and set aside to cool. Bring the broth back to a simmer and drop in the meatballs. Cook 2 to 3 minutes until the meatballs are no longer pink inside. Add the spinach.
In a small bowl, combine egg with the remaining cheese. Drizzle egg mixture through a colander directly into the soup. Stir once or twice.
When chicken is cool enough to handle, remove meat from skin and bones, and cut into small chunks. Return the meat to the soup along with the meatballs and stir in the pasta or quinoa and remaining salt. Serve immediately.
- Herb-Stuffed Turkey Thighs with White Wine Sauce (Tacchino Ripieno Con Salsa Al Vino Bianco)
- Almaz’s Ethiopian Doro Wat (Chicken Curry) inspired by Cutting for Stone
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
Add a Comment
Pamela Anderson Is Now A Brunette (No, We're Not Kidding)
Jada Pinkett Smith Rocked A Bikini This Thanksgiving While You Were Stuffing Your Face
Beyonce Posts Bikini Photos From Her Recent Jamaican Holiday
Kaley Cuoco Rocks Bikini While On Vacation With Fiance Ryan Sweeting
This Photo Of Blue Ivy Carter Will Make You Smile
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have