Japanese Soba Noodle Soup
Visit dLife.com for more diabetes recipes
1. In a soup pot, bring the vegetable stock to a boil. Add the shiitake, leeks, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce, and mirin, if using. Cover and simmer until the leeks are tender, about 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a separate pot, cook the soba noodles in boiling water to cover for about 5 minutes.
3. When the leeks are tender, add the spinach and simmer for another minute, until the spinach has wilted but is still bright green.
4. In a small bowl, combine the miso with a few tablespoons of the hot broth to make a smooth sauce, then stir it back into the soup.
5. Drain the soba noodles and evenly divide them among four individual serving bowls. Ladle on the soup and top with sliced scallions and a sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds.
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
- Rigatoni ai carciofi (Rigatoni with Artichokes, Garlic, and Orange Zest)
- Capunti Pasta with Dried Sweet Italian Peppers (Capunti Con Cruschi)
Add a Comment
Paris Hilton Breaks Out Her Bikini In Dubai
Beyonce Posts Bikini Photos From Her Recent Jamaican Holiday
Jada Pinkett Smith Rocked A Bikini This Thanksgiving While You Were Stuffing Your Face
Kate Middleton's Tiara At Diplomatic Reception Is Her First Since Royal Wedding (PHOTOS)
Kaley Cuoco Rocks Bikini While On Vacation With Fiance Ryan Sweeting
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have