Lamb Stew with White Beans and Artichokes
Baby artichokes are actually fully mature artichokes (albeit small and tender ones) that have grown low on the stalk in the shade of the frondlike leaves of the artichoke plant. Unlike their larger siblings, baby artichokes are rendered entirely edible with just a little trimming. Here they combine deliciously with slow-cooked lamb shoulder. From The Sunset Cookbook (Oxmoor House, 2010)
Heat oil in a 5- to 6-qt. pan over medium-high heat. Add lamb and stir occasionally until browned, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute longer.
Working with 1 artichoke at a time, break off green outer leaves until you reach the tender yellowish inner leaves (be ruthless; you'll remove about half the leaves). Rinse and trim artichokes and cut in half.
When lamb is tender, stir in beans, olives, parsley, thyme, and artichokes. Cover and cook until artichokes are tender when pierced, 20 to 25 minutes longer.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 6 Total|
|Calories||470||Calories from fat||153|
|Total Fat||17gm||26%||Saturated Fat||4gm||20%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: KitchenDaily Editors
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
- Rigatoni ai carciofi (Rigatoni with Artichokes, Garlic, and Orange Zest)
- Pasta with Green Beans, Potatoes and Basil Pesto (Pasta Alla Ligure)
Add a Comment
The Most Embarrassing I-Want-You-Back Texts We've Ever Read
Is The Universe A Hologram? Physicists Say It's Possible
Ethan Couch Sentenced To Probation In Crash That Killed 4 After Defense Argued He Had 'Affluenza'
Jang Song Thaek, Kim Jong Un's Ousted Uncle, Reportedly Executed
Ellen DeGeneres Responds To Divorce Rumors As Only She Can
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Unusual Ways to Reuse Your Holiday Wrapping Paper
- Holiday Hosting Made Easy: Revelry House Tells Us Their Expert Entertaining Tips