This cheesecake invites guiltless indulgence. It is best chilled and served the same day. If you don't have cherries, substitute an additional 1 cup blueberries.
1. To make crust: Butter and chill a 9-inch spring-form pan. Mix all ingredients together. Press into the bottom and 1 1/2 inches up the sides of the pan. Chill at least 15 minutes.
2. To make cheesecake: Preheat oven to 300°F. Beat together yogurt cheese, cream cheese, eggs, sugar, lemon juice and peel with an electric mixer. Stir in yogurt. Spoon mixture carefully into the crust-lined pan.
4. To make topping: Combine 2 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon cornstarch in small saucepan. Blend well, add blueberries and boil gently 2 to 3 minutes until mixture clears. Remove from heat and cool.
5. In a separate saucepan, prepare cherries in the same manner, with the remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 2 tablespoons honey. Spread a layer of cherries around the outside edge of cheesecake. Spread blueberries over the rest of the cheesecake, leaving a circle in the center of cake bare. Arrange strawberries in a flower pattern in the center and brush lightly with 1 teaspoon honey.
Tip: To make 2 cups of yogurt cheese, line a colander with a large cotton towel or double thickness of cheesecloth, and place the colander in the sink. Pour in 6 cups low-fat yogurt. After 15 minutes, transfer the colander to a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours or overnight. Gathering the edges of the towel together, gently squeeze out any remaining liquid. Transfer cheese to a separate container. Refrigerate until ready to use. Keeps 1 week.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 16 Total|
|Calories from fat||99||Total Fat||11gm||17%|
|Saturated Fat||3gm||15%||Mono Unsaturated Fat||5gm|
Nutrition Facts provided by: EatingWell
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
This Girl's Reaction To 'Engagement Season' Is Pretty Much Perfect
Kate Middleton Fist Bumps Child In Adorably Unscripted Moment (VIDEO)
Anne Hathaway In 'Sound Of Music Live'? Von Trapp Family Reveals Their Ideal Choice For Maria
Kanye West, The Next Nelson Mandela? Not So Fast
50 Things You Didn't Know Your iPhone Could Do
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have