Lentil Soup with Kielbasa and Kale
Provided By: Kemp Minifie
Make this when a bowl of something hearty and rib-sticking is in order on one of those evenings when whats falling from the sky is instant slush or the car broke down on the one strip of highway without a shoulder. You will not be disappointed.
Combine rice, water, and salt in a heavy medium saucepan. Bring to a full boil, covered, then reduce heat to low and cook, covered, until water is absorbed and rice is tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Quickly fluff with a fork, then remove from heat and keep covered.
Bring water to a boil, covered, in a medium saucepan. Add kale and a generous pinch of salt and cook, covered, over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until kale is tender, 5 to 8 minutes.
Add soup and kielbasa. If necessary, thin soup with a little water. Simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
Stir in garlic and serve spooned over rice.
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
- Braised Pork Shoulder with Tomatoes, Cinnamon, and Olives Over Polenta
- Pasta with Green Beans, Potatoes and Basil Pesto (Pasta Alla Ligure)
Add a Comment
'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram
5-Year-Old's Attempt To Forge Mommy's Signature Is Definitely Frame-Worthy
Kesha Drops Dollar Sign From Her Name After Leaving Rehab
'Lick This' App Teaches Oral Sex Via Phone-Licking
Family Gets Sick From LSD-Tainted Meat From Florida Wal-Mart: Police
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses