Lime and Berry Loaf Cake
Rinse a 9 x 5-in. loaf pan (about 8-cup capacity). Line pan with plastic wrap, letting some extend above sides. Wrap a piece of thin cardboard, cut to fit bottom of pan, with foil. Place in pan for easy unmolding.
Pour limeade into a clear 2-cup measure; add cold water to equal 2 cups; stir in sugar until dissolved. Pour 2⁄3 cup into a shallow medium bowl.
Dip both sides of each ladyfinger into bowl. Use 7 to cover bottom of pan. Reserve remaining on plastic wrap.
Sprinkle gelatin over 1⁄4 cup limeade mixture in a small saucepan; let stand 1 to 2 minutes to soften. Stir over low heat until gelatin granules completely dissolve. Pour into a medium bowl, add remaining limeade mixture and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes or until consistency of unbeaten egg whites. Add a large spoonful whipped topping; whisk until blended; whisk in remaining topping.
Scatter about 1⁄2 the berries over the ladyfingers in pan. Spread with 1⁄2 the limeade cream. Place reserved ladyfingers crosswise down middle of loaf; spread with remaining cream; top with rest of berries. Refrigerate at least 6 hours until set.
To serve: Lift plastic wrap by sides onto serving plate. Peel plastic wrap down sides; cut or slide plastic wrap away from loaf. Leave on cardboard to slice.
Note: Italian savoiardi ladyfingers are crisp and are often longer than the soft sponge cake–like variety.
Planning Tip: Can be made through Step 5 up to 3 days ahead.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 1 Total|
|Calories||159||Calories from fat||27|
|Total Fat||3gm||5%||Saturated Fat||3gm||15%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Woman's Day
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
Mummified Body Of Woman Found At Detroit-area Home
Malaysia Airlines Plane, Flight MH370, Goes Missing
Award-Winning Photo Tells Us More About The Syria Crisis Than Any Statistic Can
Girl Speaks Gibberish With Perfect Accents To Show What Languages Sound Like To Foreigners
Kesha Drops Dollar Sign From Her Name After Leaving Rehab
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Healthy Weekly Dinner Meal Plan: A Whole Week of Healthy Spring Dinners
- 7-Day Early Spring Healthy Dinner Plan
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses