Little Shortbread Stars
Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl with mixer on high speed until pale and fluffy. On low speed, gradually beat in flour until just blended.
Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into a 1-in.-thick disk. Wrap individually; chill at least 4 hours or until firm enough to roll out.
Heat oven to 325°F. Have ready a 13⁄4-in. star-shape cookie cutter.
On a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin, roll out 1 disk at a time (keep other refrigerated) to 3⁄8 in. thick. Cut out stars with floured cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheet(s). Sprinkle stars with colored sugars. Chill scraps before rerolling and cutting.
Bake 11 to 13 minutes until firm but not browned. Remove from oven and, if desired, immediately prick cookies decoratively with a wooden pick.
Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Add a Comment
5-Year-Old's Attempt To Forge Mommy's Signature Is Definitely Frame-Worthy
Kesha Drops Dollar Sign From Her Name After Leaving Rehab
'Fox Business' Commentator Tells 'Daily Show' Correspondent, 'If You're Poor, Stop Being Poor'
'Hot Facebook Mom' Still Wants To Know: 'What's Your Excuse?'
Malaysia Airlines Plane, Flight MH370, Goes Missing
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses