Little Shortbread Stars
Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl with mixer on high speed until pale and fluffy. On low speed, gradually beat in flour until just blended.
Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into a 1-in.-thick disk. Wrap individually; chill at least 4 hours or until firm enough to roll out.
Heat oven to 325°F. Have ready a 13⁄4-in. star-shape cookie cutter.
On a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin, roll out 1 disk at a time (keep other refrigerated) to 3⁄8 in. thick. Cut out stars with floured cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheet(s). Sprinkle stars with colored sugars. Chill scraps before rerolling and cutting.
Bake 11 to 13 minutes until firm but not browned. Remove from oven and, if desired, immediately prick cookies decoratively with a wooden pick.
Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Add a Comment
Miley Cyrus Uses A Teleprompter Onstage During Her Concerts
8 Couples Who Don't Take The Whole Wedding Thing Too Seriously
Kate Middleton's Date-Night Outfit Has Us Drooling
These 9 Maps Should Absolutely Outrage Southerners
An Otter Attacked An Alligator, And Then Ate It (PHOTOS)
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Healthy Weekly Dinner Meal Plan: A Whole Week of Healthy Spring Dinners
- 7-Day Early Spring Healthy Dinner Plan
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses