Little Shortbread Stars
Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl with mixer on high speed until pale and fluffy. On low speed, gradually beat in flour until just blended.
Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into a 1-in.-thick disk. Wrap individually; chill at least 4 hours or until firm enough to roll out.
Heat oven to 325°F. Have ready a 13⁄4-in. star-shape cookie cutter.
On a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin, roll out 1 disk at a time (keep other refrigerated) to 3⁄8 in. thick. Cut out stars with floured cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheet(s). Sprinkle stars with colored sugars. Chill scraps before rerolling and cutting.
Bake 11 to 13 minutes until firm but not browned. Remove from oven and, if desired, immediately prick cookies decoratively with a wooden pick.
Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Add a Comment
If Only All Moms Could Breastfeed Like Gisele
Beyonce Shares Blue Ivy Photo, Still Manages To Keep Her From Prying Eyes
WestJet Finds Out What Passengers Want For Christmas, Leaves Presents At Baggage Claim (VIDEO)
Jennifer Smith Changed How She Thought About Food And Lost 165 Pounds
11-Year-Old Boy Stops Traffic To Rescue Dog Hit By Car (PHOTOS)
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have