Macaroni and Cheese alla Carbonara
Marcus Samuelsson's mac and cheese gets a twist from traditional ingredients in carbonara, including bacon, cream and eggs.
Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until really crispy, about 15 minutes. Add the garlic and onions. Cook until the garlic is golden and the onions are translucent. Add 2 tablespoons bread crumbs to the mixture and toast. Set some of the mixture aside to use later as a topping.
Add cream and water to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in the cheddar cheese until melted. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix cream mixture and cooked pasta.
In a separate bowl, beat the egg and egg yolk, marjoram and grated Parmesan. Then, fold this mixture into the pasta, along with butter or olive oil, and sprinkle with remaining bread crumbs.
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
- Mezzelune dolci (Half-Moon-Shape Sweet Pasta Filled with Candied Fruit)
- Rigatoni ai carciofi (Rigatoni with Artichokes, Garlic, and Orange Zest)
11 Unsettling Facts You Should Know About McDonald's Happy Meals
Angelina Jolie Cancer Surgery: Actress To Have Another Procedure To Prevent Disease
John McCain Unloads On Senate Republicans: 'I Haven't Been Embarrassed This Way'
U.S. Troops Unloaded 'Over A Hundred Bullets' Into Osama Bin Laden's Dead Body, Sources Claim
11 Ways Mainstream Porn Misleads Women About Sex
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Healthy Weekly Dinner Meal Plan: A Whole Week of Healthy Spring Dinners
- 7-Day Early Spring Healthy Dinner Plan
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses