Mango Bread Pudding with Chai Spices
There is nothing as comforting as a bowl brimming with warm bread pudding. Add mangoes and spices inspired by the world's love affair with Indian chai (tea), and you will make every excuse in the book to indulge in this soothing, after-dinner treat.
2. Toss bread cubes and mangoes together in the baking dish.
3. Whisk milk, eggs, rum (if using), brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, ginger, pepper and salt in a medium bowl. Pour over the bread and mangoes; allow the mixture to soak for about 5 minutes.
4. Bake the pudding until it is set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 1/4 hours. Serve warm for best flavor.
Tip: How to cut a mango:
1. Slice both ends off the mango, revealing the long, slender seed inside. Set the fruit upright on a work surface and remove the skin with a sharp knife.
2. With the seed perpendicular to you, slice
the fruit from both sides of the seed, yielding two large pieces.
3. Turn the seed parallel to you and slice the two smaller pieces of fruit from each side.
4. Cut the fruit into the desired shape.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 8 Total|
|Calories from fat||18||Total Fat||2gm||3%|
|Saturated Fat||0gm||0%||Mono Unsaturated Fat||1gm|
Nutrition Facts provided by: EatingWell
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
Mummified Body Of Woman Found At Detroit-area Home
Malaysia Airlines Plane, Flight MH370, Goes Missing
Award-Winning Photo Tells Us More About The Syria Crisis Than Any Statistic Can
Did Michael Jackson Have A Secret Son? Well, Here's What's Going On
'Hot Facebook Mom' Still Wants To Know: 'What's Your Excuse?'
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses