Preheat oven to 425°F and lightly rub olive oil on 2 large sheet pans.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over moderately high heat and cook beef, breaking it up with a spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Transfer beef with a slotted spoon to a bowl. Cook onion in saucepan, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook, 1 minute. Add tomatoes and beef and simmer, until thickened, about 30 minutes.
Reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Stir together ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella, egg, Parmesan, garlic and pepper and salt.
Layer lasagna by spooning 1/3 of sauce into bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish with 1/3 of eggplant, 1/2 of zucchini and 1/2 of peppers. Spread with 1/2 of ricotta mixture and repeat layering one more time. Layer remaining 1/3 of sauce and eggplant and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella.
Bake in middle of oven uncovered, until top is golden and sauce is bubbling, 25 to 30 minutes.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 6 Total|
|Calories||404||Calories from fat||207|
|Total Fat||23gm||35%||Saturated Fat||9gm||45%|
|Vitamin A||75%||Vitamin C||200%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Shane Kelly
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
- Open-Faced Grilled Eggplant, Red Onion, and Heirloom Tomato Sandwiches with Creamy Celeriac Sauce
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
- Mezzelune dolci (Half-Moon-Shape Sweet Pasta Filled with Candied Fruit)
Inside The Mind Of The Teenage Boy
Fired Founder: Men's Wearhouse 'Began Throwing Me Out Of My Office'
Katy Perry Talks John Mayer, Russell Brand And Her 'Republican' Parents
Selena Gomez Curses, Storms Off Stage At Jingle Ball 2013
Britney Spears On 'Chaotic': 'The Worst Thing I've Done In My Career'
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have
- Taming the Outdoors: How To Pick the Perfect Christmas Tree
- 15 Ideas For A Black And White Christmas