Preheat oven to 425°F and lightly rub olive oil on 2 large sheet pans.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over moderately high heat and cook beef, breaking it up with a spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Transfer beef with a slotted spoon to a bowl. Cook onion in saucepan, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook, 1 minute. Add tomatoes and beef and simmer, until thickened, about 30 minutes.
Reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Stir together ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella, egg, Parmesan, garlic and pepper and salt.
Layer lasagna by spooning 1/3 of sauce into bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish with 1/3 of eggplant, 1/2 of zucchini and 1/2 of peppers. Spread with 1/2 of ricotta mixture and repeat layering one more time. Layer remaining 1/3 of sauce and eggplant and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella.
Bake in middle of oven uncovered, until top is golden and sauce is bubbling, 25 to 30 minutes.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 6 Total|
|Calories||404||Calories from fat||207|
|Total Fat||23gm||35%||Saturated Fat||9gm||45%|
|Vitamin A||75%||Vitamin C||200%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Shane Kelly
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
- Open-Faced Grilled Eggplant, Red Onion, and Heirloom Tomato Sandwiches with Creamy Celeriac Sauce
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
- Mezzelune dolci (Half-Moon-Shape Sweet Pasta Filled with Candied Fruit)
Miley Cyrus Uses A Teleprompter Onstage During Her Concerts
8 Couples Who Don't Take The Whole Wedding Thing Too Seriously
Kate Middleton's Date-Night Outfit Has Us Drooling
18 Things Highly Creative People Do Differently
'Fashion Police' Mocks Pregnant Elsa Pataky's Oscars Look, Jokes About Her 'Beer Belly'
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses