Mediterranean Stuffed Eggplant
Line a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil. Halve eggplants lengthwise, then scoop out flesh with spoon, leaving a 1/2-in.-thick shell. Coat eggplants with nonstick spray; invert on baking sheet. Chop scooped eggplant.
Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray. Over medium-high heat, cook chicken, peppers, onion, chopped eggplant and garlic 4 minutes. Add tomatoes, water and barley. Reduce heat. Cover; simmer 25 minutes or until barley is tender.
Meanwhile heat broiler. Broil eggplant shells 12 minutes or until lightly charred and soft, turning once.
Stir spinach and basil into chicken mixture; spoon into eggplant halves. Sprinkle with cheese.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total|
|Calories||311||Calories from fat||90|
|Total Fat||10gm||15%||Saturated Fat||1gm||5%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Woman's Day
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
- Open-Faced Grilled Eggplant, Red Onion, and Heirloom Tomato Sandwiches with Creamy Celeriac Sauce
- Herb-Stuffed Turkey Thighs with White Wine Sauce (Tacchino Ripieno Con Salsa Al Vino Bianco)
- Almaz’s Ethiopian Doro Wat (Chicken Curry) inspired by Cutting for Stone
Add a Comment
Kirstie Alley Explains Why John Travolta Was Her 'Greatest Love'
Celebrity Swans: Awkward Adolescents Turned Smokin' Hot Stars
Miley Cyrus' Jingle Ball Performance Of '#Getitright' Features Santa Twerking And Plenty Of Glitter
Grammy 2014 Snubs: Miley Cyrus Shut Out, Kanye West Comes Up Short, Lorde Lacks Best New Artist
Chicago Bulls Cheerleader Surprised With Marriage Proposal During Bulls-Heat Game (VIDEO, PHOTOS)
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have