Mexican Chicken and Bean Sandwich
Provided By: Shelley Wiseman
In Mexico these warm meat-filled sandwiches are slathered with refried beans and thick cream the way we use mayonnaise. Pickled jalapeños and onions give it bite, while cilantro and avocado complete the rich layering of flavors. This torta de pollo would also be great with shredded pork.
Stir together onion, vinegar and jalapeños in a small bowl and let stand at least 10 minutes.
Hollow out rolls slightly, removing some of the crumb with your fingers and discard. Toast rolls until warm.
Heat shredded chicken in microwave until warm, about 1 minute, and toss with onion mixture.
Stir together refried beans and sour cream and spread both halves of rolls with mixture. Mound bottom halves with chicken mixture, cilantro, avocado, and shredded lettuce, then cover with top halves. Cut sandwiches in half.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total|
|Calories||492||Calories from fat||162|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Shelley Wiseman
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
5-Year-Old's Attempt To Forge Mommy's Signature Is Definitely Frame-Worthy
Kesha Drops Dollar Sign From Her Name After Leaving Rehab
Award-Winning Photo Tells Us More About The Syria Crisis Than Any Statistic Can
'Fox Business' Commentator Tells 'Daily Show' Correspondent, 'If You're Poor, Stop Being Poor'
H&M Debuts First Wedding Dress And It Costs Less Than $100
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Healthy Weekly Dinner Meal Plan: A Whole Week of Healthy Spring Dinners
- 7-Day Early Spring Healthy Dinner Plan
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses