Mexican Chicken and Bean Sandwich
Provided By: Shelley Wiseman
In Mexico these warm meat-filled sandwiches are slathered with refried beans and thick cream the way we use mayonnaise. Pickled jalapeños and onions give it bite, while cilantro and avocado complete the rich layering of flavors. This torta de pollo would also be great with shredded pork.
Stir together onion, vinegar and jalapeños in a small bowl and let stand at least 10 minutes.
Hollow out rolls slightly, removing some of the crumb with your fingers and discard. Toast rolls until warm.
Heat shredded chicken in microwave until warm, about 1 minute, and toss with onion mixture.
Stir together refried beans and sour cream and spread both halves of rolls with mixture. Mound bottom halves with chicken mixture, cilantro, avocado, and shredded lettuce, then cover with top halves. Cut sandwiches in half.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total|
|Calories||492||Calories from fat||162|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Shelley Wiseman
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
Paris Hilton Breaks Out Her Bikini In Dubai
Kate Middleton's Tiara At Diplomatic Reception Is Her First Since Royal Wedding (PHOTOS)
Paul Walker Crash Photos Show Severity Of Accident
Bill Beckwith Dead: 'Curb Appeal' Co-Host Dies In Motorcycle Crash
Kaley Cuoco Rocks Bikini While On Vacation With Fiance Ryan Sweeting
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have