Mini Crab Cakes with Lemon Caper Dipping Sauce
Pour the breadcrumbs into a medium shallow bowl. Add the egg and milk to a small, deep bowl and beat the mixture lightly with a fork.
In a medium mixing bowl, mix the onion, parsley, jalapeno, mayonnaise, Worcestershire, and horseradish until combined. Carefully stir in the crab, leaving the lumps of crab in tact, until just combined with the other ingredients.
Place a large sheet of waxed paper on a flat work surface. Using a 1-3/4 inch cookie scoop, scoop the mixture, packing it tightly to make 1-3/4 inch diameter crab cakes the shape of the scoop (or mounds if you don't have a scoop). Place them side by side on the waxed paper until all 24 cakes are formed. Then, carefully dip one cake in the egg mixture, making sure that any excess drips off. Roll it in the breadcrumbs and place the breaded cake on the prepared pan. Continue with each cake until they are all breaded and place them on the sheet so they do not touch. Spray them lightly with olive oil spray and transfer the pan to the oven. Cook them for 6-8 minutes per side until the outsides are slightly browned and the filling is warm throughout.
Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice and mustard. Add the parsley, green onion, capers, garlic and sugar. Stir the mixture until it is well combined. Serve the cakes immediately with the sauce for dipping.
- Roasted Cod and Potatoes with Orange Butter Gremolata
- Poached Eggs & Satsuma Hollandaise over Crab Cakes
- Broiled Fish Fillets with Coriander-Cumin Mayonnaise
Add a Comment
- Mummified Body Of Woman Found At Detroit-area Home
Award-Winning Photo Tells Us More About The Syria Crisis Than Any Statistic Can
Malaysia Airlines Plane, Flight MH370, Goes Missing
Foodbeast: 14 Fast Food and Restaurant Employees Confess the One Item You Should Never Order
- Kesha Drops Dollar Sign From Her Name After Leaving Rehab
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses