Mini Crab Cakes with Lemon Caper Dipping Sauce
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Spray a medium non-stick baking pan with olive oil spray.
Pour the breadcrumbs into a medium shallow bowl. Add the egg and milk to a small, deep bowl and beat the mixture lightly with a fork.
In a medium mixing bowl, mix the onion, parsley, jalapeno, mayonnaise, Worcestershire, and horseradish until combined. Carefully stir in the crab, leaving the lumps of crab in tact, until just combined with the other ingredients.
Place a large sheet of waxed paper on a flat work surface. Using a 1-3/4 inch cookie scoop, scoop the mixture, packing it tightly to make 1-3/4 inch diameter crab cakes the shape of the scoop (or mounds if you don't have a scoop). Place them side by side on the waxed paper until all 24 cakes are formed. Then, carefully dip one cake in the egg mixture, making sure that any excess drips off. Roll it in the breadcrumbs and place the breaded cake on the prepared pan. Continue with each cake until they are all breaded and place them on the sheet so they do not touch. Spray them lightly with olive oil spray and transfer the pan to the oven. Cook them for 6-8 minutes per side until the outsides are slightly browned and the filling is warm throughout.
Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice and mustard. Add the parsley, green onion, capers, garlic and sugar. Stir the mixture until it is well combined. Serve the cakes immediately with the sauce for dipping.
Nutritional Information per 3 cakes and 1/2 tablespoon sauce: 187 calories, 15 g protein, 19 g carbohydrates, 6 g fat, trace saturated fat, 68 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 624 mg sodium
- Roasted Cod and Potatoes with Orange Butter Gremolata
- Poached Eggs & Satsuma Hollandaise over Crab Cakes
- Broiled Fish Fillets with Coriander-Cumin Mayonnaise
Add a Comment
Amy Adams' Bikini Body Isn't What You'd Expect, Actress Says (PHOTOS)
James Gandolfini Dead: 'Sopranos' Star Dies In Italy At 51 (REPORTS)
Giant Snake Opens Door, Nightmares (VIDEO)
George Zimmer, Men's Wearhouse Founder And 'You're Going To Like The Way You Look' Guy, Fired
Courtney Stodden's Plastic Surgery: 18-Year-Old Debuts Post-Op Body
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Staff Picks: Our Favorite Spring Produce
- Los Angeles: Eat the Huaraches and Gorditas at Antojitos Carmen
- Eating Clean? 6 Processed Foods You Can Avoid & Easily Make at Home
- Healthy Smoothies: Best Smoothie Ingredients & 10 To Ditch
- Hypnobirth: Kate Middleton Considers Natural Birthing Method For Royal Baby
- Kate Middleton's Royal Baby Makes Britain Millions Before Birth