This recipe was inspired by a scene in the Oscar-nominated film Quiz Show. Serve these mini-sandwiches during the half-time show on football Sundays, or rent the movie, make full-sized sandwiches and have a relaxing Friday night.
1. Stir together mayonnaise, mustard and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Spread the mayonnaise mixture over all of the bread slices. Sprinkle half of the cheese over half of the bread slices. Top with turkey pastrami, black pepper, sauerkraut and the remaining cheese. Place the remaining bread slices firmly on top.
2. Brush a little oil evenly over the bottom of a large nonstick skillet or griddle and heat over medium heat. Add the sandwiches in batches and cook until the undersides are lightly toasted and the cheese has melted, about 45 seconds per side. Add more oil to the pan as needed. Cut each sandwich into 2 triangles and serve warm.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 12 Total|
|Calories from fat||18||Total Fat||2gm||3%|
|Saturated Fat||1gm||5%||Mono Unsaturated Fat||0gm|
Nutrition Facts provided by: EatingWell
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
Miley Cyrus Uses A Teleprompter Onstage During Her Concerts
8 Couples Who Don't Take The Whole Wedding Thing Too Seriously
Kate Middleton's Date-Night Outfit Has Us Drooling
These 9 Maps Should Absolutely Outrage Southerners
An Otter Attacked An Alligator, And Then Ate It (PHOTOS)
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Healthy Weekly Dinner Meal Plan: A Whole Week of Healthy Spring Dinners
- 7-Day Early Spring Healthy Dinner Plan
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses