Mocha Hazelnut Chiffon Cake
Heat oven to 325°F. Place oven rack at position just below center. You'll need a 10-in. tube pan with removable bottom. Whisk flour, ¾ cup sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
Stir cocoa and espresso with boiling water in a medium bowl until dissolved; add cold water, oil, yolks, liqueur and vanilla. Stir cocoa mixture into flour mixture until blended.
Beat whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl with mixer on medium-high speed until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted. Gradually beat in remaining ½ cup sugar. Beat until glossy and stiff peaks form.
Stir ¼ of beaten whites into cocoa-flour batter to lighten. Gently fold batter into rest of whites until no white streaks remain. Pour into ungreased pan.
Bake 1 hour or until wooden skewer inserted into center comes out clean. Invert pan onto neck of a tall, narrow bottle, such as a wine bottle; cool completely. Run a thin knife around sides of cake; remove pan sides. Repeat with bottom of cake. Invert onto cake plate. Remove pan.
Glaze: Melt chocolate in microwave on high about 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds. Whisk in half-and-half. Pour glaze over cake, spreading top with spatula. Sprinkle with hazelnuts.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 1 Total|
|Calories||157||Calories from fat||54|
|Total Fat||6gm||9%||Saturated Fat||2gm||10%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Woman's Day
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
- Target's Latest Photoshop Fail Looks Pretty Painful
Miley Cyrus Performs In Underwear After Missing Costume Change
Obama Pushes Obamacare Enrollment On 'Between Two Ferns' With Zach Galifianakis
- Charlie The Dog's Life Saved By Drinking Vodka
What Happens When 20 Strangers Are Paired Off And Asked To Kiss? Magic
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses