Mrs. Claus's Chocolate-Mint Brownies
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet and bake until toasted and fragrant 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
Stir in the sugar vanilla and salt until well blended. Whisk in the eggs one at a time. Stir in the flour until well blended. Stir in the walnuts.
Spread in the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean about 35 minutes. The top should be puffy and shiny and cracked. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 1 hour.
Lift the contents from the pan using the foil and invert onto a plate. Carefully remove the foil and turn the cake right-side up. Cool.
To make the Frosting: In a medium bowl blend the powdered sugar butter and milk until creamy.
Spread the brownies with the frosting then sprinkle with peppermint pieces and chocolate chips. Chill for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Cut into 20 small squares.
Add a Comment
Miley Cyrus Uses A Teleprompter Onstage During Her Concerts
8 Couples Who Don't Take The Whole Wedding Thing Too Seriously
Kate Middleton's Date-Night Outfit Has Us Drooling
18 Things Highly Creative People Do Differently
An Otter Attacked An Alligator, And Then Ate It (PHOTOS)
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses