Oatmeal Lace Cookies with Dried Tart Cherries
2. Combine oats, corn syrup and oil in a medium bowl. Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat and cook until it begins to turn a light, nutty brown, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. (Be careful not to burn the butter.) Pour into the oat mixture and stir to combine. Set aside.
3. Beat egg and sugar in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer until thickened and pale, about 5 minutes. Blend in vanilla.
4. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl; fold into the egg mixture. Add the oat mixture and dried cherries; stir gently to combine.
5. Spoon the batter by teaspoonfuls, about 2 inches apart, onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake, one sheet at a time, for about 4 minutes, or until the cookies are golden and lacy. Let cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes, then carefully remove cookies from the baking sheet and cool on a flat surface (not a rack).
|Per Single Serving / Serves 30 Total|
|Calories from fat||18||Total Fat||2gm||3%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: EatingWell
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
Fired Founder: Men's Wearhouse 'Began Throwing Me Out Of My Office'
Inside The Mind Of The Teenage Boy
Jennifer Smith Changed How She Thought About Food And Lost 165 Pounds
Britney Spears On 'Chaotic': 'The Worst Thing I've Done In My Career'
Kelly Clarkson Responds To Cheating Rumors With Twitter Blast
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Taming the Outdoors: How To Pick the Perfect Christmas Tree
- 15 Ideas For A Black And White Christmas