Old-Fashioned Southern Biscuits
Position the rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda into a large bowl. Using a pastry cutter, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles a coarse meal. Add the buttermilk and stir with a fork until a dough just forms.
Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and gently fold it over onto itself 6 times. Pat out the dough to 1-inch thick. Using a 2 1/2-inch-diameter biscuit cutter, cut out 4 biscuits, flouring the cutter between cuts; do not twist the cutter as you cut out the biscuits. Gather the dough scraps and pat out to make 2 more biscuits.
Arrange the biscuits side by side on a small heavy baking sheet (the biscuits should just touch each other). Bake until the biscuits are golden on the top and bottom, about 16 minutes. Serve warm.
Add a Comment
Target's Latest Photoshop Fail Looks Pretty Painful
Miley Cyrus Performs In Underwear After Missing Costume Change
Obama Pushes Obamacare Enrollment On 'Between Two Ferns' With Zach Galifianakis
What Happens When 20 Strangers Are Paired Off And Asked To Kiss? Magic
Charlie The Dog's Life Saved By Drinking Vodka
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses