Pasta with Broccoli, Garlic, and Olive Oil
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it. Boil the broccoli until it's fairly tender, 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the size of your pieces. Meanwhile, put the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. When it's hot, add the garlic and cook until it begins to sizzle, about 1 minute; keep warm.
Scoop the broccoli out of the water with a slotted spoon or small strainer and transfer it to the skillet (keep the pot of water boiling). Cook over medium-high heat, stirring and mashing the broccoli, until it is hot and quite soft, adding some of the pasta water as needed to help soften the broccoli.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in the boiling water. When the pasta is just about but not quite done, drain it, reserving about 1 cup of the cooking water. Add the pasta to the skillet with the broccoli and a couple of tablespoons of the reserved cooking water; toss with a large spoon until well combined. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, along with some of the pasta water to keep the mixture from drying out. Serve immediately.
Add a Comment
Mummified Body Of Woman Found At Detroit-area Home
Award-Winning Photo Tells Us More About The Syria Crisis Than Any Statistic Can
Girl Speaks Gibberish With Perfect Accents To Show What Languages Sound Like To Foreigners
Did Michael Jackson Have A Secret Son? Well, Here's What's Going On
These 9 Maps Should Absolutely Outrage Southerners
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Healthy Weekly Dinner Meal Plan: A Whole Week of Healthy Spring Dinners
- 7-Day Early Spring Healthy Dinner Plan
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses