Pear Ginger Bundt Cake
Heat oven to 350°F. You'll need a nonstick 12 to 15 cup capacity Bundt pan coated with nonstick spray. Bring water, 3/4 cup sugar and the sliced ginger to boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until syrupy. Discard ginger slices.
Meanwhile, mix flour, remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar, the baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
Whisk together milk, olive oil, 1/2 cup cooled ginger syrup, the eggs, egg white and vanilla in a medium bowl. Stir into flour mixture until just blended.
Stir chopped pear and crystallized ginger into batter. Pour into pan; bake 50 minutes or until wooden skewer inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes before inverting. Brush hot cake with remaining ginger syrup, sprinkle with turbinado sugar and let cool. Top with strips of crystallized ginger, if desired.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 1 Total|
|Calories||205||Calories from fat||63|
|Total Fat||7gm||11%||Saturated Fat||1gm||5%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Woman's Day
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
Paris Hilton Breaks Out Her Bikini In Dubai
Beyonce Posts Bikini Photos From Her Recent Jamaican Holiday
Jada Pinkett Smith Rocked A Bikini This Thanksgiving While You Were Stuffing Your Face
Kate Middleton's Tiara At Diplomatic Reception Is Her First Since Royal Wedding (PHOTOS)
Kaley Cuoco Rocks Bikini While On Vacation With Fiance Ryan Sweeting
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have