Pear Ginger Bundt Cake
Heat oven to 350°F. You'll need a nonstick 12 to 15 cup capacity Bundt pan coated with nonstick spray. Bring water, 3/4 cup sugar and the sliced ginger to boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until syrupy. Discard ginger slices.
Meanwhile, mix flour, remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar, the baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
Whisk together milk, olive oil, 1/2 cup cooled ginger syrup, the eggs, egg white and vanilla in a medium bowl. Stir into flour mixture until just blended.
Stir chopped pear and crystallized ginger into batter. Pour into pan; bake 50 minutes or until wooden skewer inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes before inverting. Brush hot cake with remaining ginger syrup, sprinkle with turbinado sugar and let cool. Top with strips of crystallized ginger, if desired.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 1 Total|
|Calories||205||Calories from fat||63|
|Total Fat||7gm||11%||Saturated Fat||1gm||5%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Woman's Day
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram
5-Year-Old's Attempt To Forge Mommy's Signature Is Definitely Frame-Worthy
The Worst Product Flops Of All Time: 24/7 Wall Street
'Lick This' App Teaches Oral Sex Via Phone-Licking
Kesha Drops Dollar Sign From Her Name After Leaving Rehab
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses