Perfect Roast Chicken and Potatoes
Why "perfect"? Because the chicken is flavorful, the breast stays juicy and the potatoes are roasted alongside in the delicious drippings. Indulgent, but worth it.
Heat oven to 400ºF. Line a large roasting pan with nonstick foil. Grate zest from lemons to make 1 Tbsp. Cut 1 lemon in quarters. Mix butter, garlic, lemon zest, marjoram, thyme and pepper in a small bowl.
Gently slide fingers under breast and as much of leg as possible to loosen skin from meat. Spread about 3 Tbsp butter mixture under skin; spread remaining over skin. Put cut-up lemon in body cavity. Tie chicken legs together. Place in roasting pan.
Roast 1 hour, covering chicken loosely with a foil tent after 20 minutes to prevent over-browning.
Remove roasting pan from oven, arrange potatoes around chicken and stir to coat with drippings. Roast 30 minutes longer, or until potatoes are tender and a meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh, not touching bone, registers 170ºF. Remove chicken to a cutting board or serving platter. Let rest 10 minutes before carving. If desired, while chicken rests, return potatoes to oven to brown further.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 6 Total|
|Calories||773||Calories from fat||423|
|Total Fat||47gm||72%||Saturated Fat||16gm||80%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Woman's Day
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
Is The Universe A Hologram? Physicists Say It's Possible
Ethan Couch Sentenced To Probation In Crash That Killed 4 After Defense Argued He Had 'Affluenza'
Beyonce Shares Blue Ivy Photo, Still Manages To Keep Her From Prying Eyes
Chilling Footage Of Asiana Airlines San Francisco Crash Released (VIDEO)
11-Year-Old Boy Stops Traffic To Rescue Dog Hit By Car (PHOTOS)
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have
- Unusual Ways to Reuse Your Holiday Wrapping Paper
- Holiday Hosting Made Easy: Revelry House Tells Us Their Expert Entertaining Tips