Pickled Shrimp Coleslaw in Cabbage Cups
Provided By: Diane Forley
Cut red onion in half. With the cut side down, slice into 1/4-inch slices. Place onion into a small sauce pot with olive oil and 1/4 cup water. Simmer over low heat until just cooked, approximately 5 minutes. Add red wine vinegar and sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Cook for one minute and remove from heat. Add horseradish and parsley.
Carefully remove enough outer leaves from the cabbage to create 8 cups. Each whole leaf should form 2 small cups. Cut away the thick inner stem. In food processor using the grating attachment, process the remaining cabbage, carrot and fennel bulb together. Transfer vegetables to a large salad bowl. Pour onion pickling liquid over the vegetables. Toss together until the vegetables are evenly coated. Add cooked shrimp. Let marinate for at least 20 minutes. Drain well in colander before placing into cups.
Spoon 2 Tablespoons of filling into reserved cabbage cups. Place on serving platter garnished with fresh sprigs of cilantro.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total|
|Calories||163||Calories from fat||36|
|Total Fat||4gm||6%||Saturated Fat||0gm||0%|
|Vitamin A||81%||Vitamin C||115%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Diane Forley
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
- Mummified Body Of Woman Found At Detroit-area Home
Kesha Drops Dollar Sign From Her Name After Leaving Rehab
Award-Winning Photo Tells Us More About The Syria Crisis Than Any Statistic Can
- 5-Year-Old's Attempt To Forge Mommy's Signature Is Definitely Frame-Worthy
Malaysia Airlines Plane, Flight MH370, Goes Missing
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses