Picnic Oven-Fried Chicken
Whether you take it along on a picnic or serve it at home for a family supper, this updated "fried" chicken is a crowd pleaser. Marinating the chicken in buttermilk keeps it juicy, and the light coating of flour, sesame seeds and spices, misted with olive oil, forms an appealing crust during baking.
1. Whisk buttermilk, mustard, garlic and hot sauce in a shallow glass dish until well blended. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1/2 hour or for up to 8 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Set a wire rack on the baking sheet and coat it with cooking spray.
3. Whisk flour, sesame seeds, paprika, thyme, baking powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Place the flour mixture in a paper bag or large sealable plastic bag. Shaking off excess marinade, place one or two pieces of chicken at a time in the bag and shake to coat. Shake off excess flour and place chicken on the prepared rack. (Discard any leftover flour mixture and marinade.) Spray chicken pieces with cooking spray.
4. Bake the chicken until golden brown and no longer pink in the center, 40 to 50 minutes.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total|
|Calories from fat||63||Total Fat||7gm||11%|
|Saturated Fat||2gm||10%||Mono Unsaturated Fat||2gm|
Nutrition Facts provided by: EatingWell
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
Lindsay Lohan Poses In Cutout Swimsuit While In Miami
These Celebrity Weddings Of 2013 Took Our Breath Away
Jada Pinkett Smith Rocked A Bikini This Thanksgiving While You Were Stuffing Your Face
White House Acknowledges Obama Lived With Uncle After Previously Denying They'd Met
Marijuana In Wendy's Burger Was 'Misplaced' By Employee Amy Seiber: Cops (PHOTO)
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have