Pork Kebabs with Couscous
Provided By: Jackie Torren
Soak 8 wooden skewers in warm water for 30 minutes.
In a medium saucepan, bring the 1 1/2 cups water (not the skewer-soaking water) to a boil. Add the couscous and stir with a fork. Cover the pan, remove from the heat and let stand 5 minutes. Meanwhile, toast the almonds in a small frying pan over moderate heat just until golden, about 5 minutes.
Transfer the couscous to a large bowl and fluff with a fork. If necessary, use your fingers to break up any lumps. Stir in the almonds, apricots, scallions, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Preheat the broiler or light the grill. In a large bowl, toss the pork with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and the ginger. Thread the pork and tomatoes on the skewers and generously season with salt and pepper.
Broil the kebabs 3 inches from the heat, turning once, until the pork is just cooked through, about 6 minutes. Alternatively you can grill the kebabs. Serve on a bed of the couscous.
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
- Braised Pork Shoulder with Tomatoes, Cinnamon, and Olives Over Polenta
- Tea-Smoked Tofu with Pepper and Pork (Yan Dou Fu Gan Zhao Cai)
Add a Comment
Mummified Body Of Woman Found At Detroit-area Home
Award-Winning Photo Tells Us More About The Syria Crisis Than Any Statistic Can
Girl Speaks Gibberish With Perfect Accents To Show What Languages Sound Like To Foreigners
Did Michael Jackson Have A Secret Son? Well, Here's What's Going On
These 9 Maps Should Absolutely Outrage Southerners
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses