Pork Kebabs with Couscous
Provided By: Jackie Torren
Soak 8 wooden skewers in warm water for 30 minutes.
In a medium saucepan, bring the 1 1/2 cups water (not the skewer-soaking water) to a boil. Add the couscous and stir with a fork. Cover the pan, remove from the heat and let stand 5 minutes. Meanwhile, toast the almonds in a small frying pan over moderate heat just until golden, about 5 minutes.
Transfer the couscous to a large bowl and fluff with a fork. If necessary, use your fingers to break up any lumps. Stir in the almonds, apricots, scallions, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Preheat the broiler or light the grill. In a large bowl, toss the pork with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and the ginger. Thread the pork and tomatoes on the skewers and generously season with salt and pepper.
Broil the kebabs 3 inches from the heat, turning once, until the pork is just cooked through, about 6 minutes. Alternatively you can grill the kebabs. Serve on a bed of the couscous.
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
- Braised Pork Shoulder with Tomatoes, Cinnamon, and Olives Over Polenta
- Tea-Smoked Tofu with Pepper and Pork (Yan Dou Fu Gan Zhao Cai)
Add a Comment
If Only All Moms Could Breastfeed Like Gisele
Jennifer Smith Changed How She Thought About Food And Lost 165 Pounds
Beyonce Shares Blue Ivy Photo, Still Manages To Keep Her From Prying Eyes
WestJet Finds Out What Passengers Want For Christmas, Leaves Presents At Baggage Claim (VIDEO)
11-Year-Old Boy Stops Traffic To Rescue Dog Hit By Car (PHOTOS)
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have