Pork Tenderloin with Onions, Apples and Cabbage
Provided By: Jackie Torren
This hearty dish makes a perfect meal on a cold winter evening
Cut the pork in half, if necessary, so that it will fit in a large Dutch oven. Pat dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat one tablespoon of oil in the pan until hot but not smoking. Add the pork and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove and reduce the heat to moderate.
Add the remaining tablespoon oil to the pan. Add the onions. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft and golden brown, about 5 minutes.
Add the cabbage, apple, chicken broth, vinegar and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is wilted, about 10 minutes.
Return the pork to the pan burying the tenderloin in the cabbage mixture. Cover and cook just until the pork is no longer pink, 15-20 minutes. Remove the pork and carve into thin slices.
Serve on a bed of the cabbage mixture, spooning the juices over the meat.
Add a Comment
This Girl's Reaction To 'Engagement Season' Is Pretty Much Perfect
Britney Spears On 'Chaotic': 'The Worst Thing I've Done In My Career'
Selena Gomez Curses, Storms Off Stage At Jingle Ball 2013
Obama Faces Backlash Over New Corporate Powers In Secret Trade Deal
Anne Hathaway In 'Sound Of Music Live'? Von Trapp Family Reveals Their Ideal Choice For Maria
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- This Incredibly Popular 'Food' Instagram Is Not What It Seems
- 18 Biggest Baking Mishaps and How To Avoid Them
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have