Portuguese Beef-Vegetable Soup
Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a large, shallow roasting pan.
Spread beef and bones in prepared pan and roast 30 minutes, stirring 2 or 3 times, until browned. Put beef, bones and remaining broth ingredients in an 8-quart pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 4 to 41/2 hours. Remove meat with a slotted spoon. Shred into small pieces, cover and refrigerate. Strain broth and discard remaining solids.
Return broth to pot, cover and refrigerate overnight for fat on surface to harden.
To finish soup, cut sausage in quarters lengthwise, then crosswise in 1/2-inch-thick pieces. Brown in a skillet 5 minutes.
Discard fat layer from soup. Bring broth to a boil, add sausage and remaining ingredients (including shredded beef), reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Note: This soup is a favorite for family gatherings and parties. It freezes well.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 32 Total|
|Calories||327||Calories from fat||108|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Woman's Day
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
Miley Cyrus Uses A Teleprompter Onstage During Her Concerts
'Fashion Police' Mocks Pregnant Elsa Pataky's Oscars Look, Jokes About Her 'Beer Belly'
Girl Speaks Gibberish With Perfect Accents To Show What Languages Sound Like To Foreigners
These 9 Maps Should Absolutely Outrage Southerners
Kevin Spacey Proves Just How Ridiculous Female Celebrity Questions Are
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Healthy Weekly Dinner Meal Plan: A Whole Week of Healthy Spring Dinners
- 7-Day Early Spring Healthy Dinner Plan
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses