Provided By: Sandy Gluck
Perhaps the most important part of cooking a perfect pot roast is the cut of meat. For the juiciest roast, make sure your butcher gives your either a chuck or a rump roast. While round is sometimes suggested it will result in a dusty, dry pot roast.
In a 4 to 7 quart slow cooker, combine carrots, leeks, and parsnips. Add bay leaves, half the salt, half the pepper, and half the thyme. Rub remaining salt, pepper, and thyme into beef.
Place beef on vegetables and nestle potatoes around. Pour wine over. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours until beef is very tender. Lift meat out and slice. Remove and discard bay leaves. Transfer meat to a platter and spoon vegetables over.
Place flour in a small skillet and whisk in pan juices. Cook over medium heat until lightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Spoon over meat and vegetables and serve.
Add a Comment
Lindsay Lohan Poses In Cutout Swimsuit While In Miami
These Celebrity Weddings Of 2013 Took Our Breath Away
Jada Pinkett Smith Rocked A Bikini This Thanksgiving While You Were Stuffing Your Face
White House Acknowledges Obama Lived With Uncle After Previously Denying They'd Met
Who Is Paul Walker's Girlfriend Jasmine Pilchard-Gosnell?
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have