Provided By: Sandy Gluck
Perhaps the most important part of cooking a perfect pot roast is the cut of meat. For the juiciest roast, make sure your butcher gives your either a chuck or a rump roast. While round is sometimes suggested it will result in a dusty, dry pot roast.
In a 4 to 7 quart slow cooker, combine carrots, leeks, and parsnips. Add bay leaves, half the salt, half the pepper, and half the thyme. Rub remaining salt, pepper, and thyme into beef.
Place beef on vegetables and nestle potatoes around. Pour wine over. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours until beef is very tender. Lift meat out and slice. Remove and discard bay leaves. Transfer meat to a platter and spoon vegetables over.
Place flour in a small skillet and whisk in pan juices. Cook over medium heat until lightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Spoon over meat and vegetables and serve.
Add a Comment
Mummified Body Of Woman Found At Detroit-area Home
Malaysia Airlines Plane, Flight MH370, Goes Missing
Award-Winning Photo Tells Us More About The Syria Crisis Than Any Statistic Can
Did Michael Jackson Have A Secret Son? Well, Here's What's Going On
Girl Speaks Gibberish With Perfect Accents To Show What Languages Sound Like To Foreigners
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses