This is traditional latke made for Hanukkah. The key is to achieve a texture that's crisp on the outside, creamy on the inside. Sour cream and applesauce are the toppings of choice.
Preheat the oven to 250F. Place a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet; set aside. Place the shredded potato in a colander set over a bowl to drain.
With your hands, squeeze the potato until dry and transfer to a large bowl. Discard potato liquid. Add the onion, salt, pepper, flour, and egg and toss together until well combined.
In a large, heavy skillet heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium. Using a 1/4-cup measure, place 3 to 4 mounds of potato mixture in the pan, flattening with a metal spatula to a 1/2-inch thickness. Cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side, lowering the heat if over browning. Transfer latkes to rack set on baking sheet and place in the oven to keep warm while you cook the remainder. Repeat with remaining mixture, adding additional oil as needed.
- Pasta with Green Beans, Potatoes and Basil Pesto (Pasta Alla Ligure)
- Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes with a Bacon-Parmesan Crust
- Roasted Cod and Potatoes with Orange Butter Gremolata
Add a Comment
- Jennifer Smith Changed How She Thought About Food And Lost 165 Pounds
Inside The Mind Of The Teenage Boy
- Hero Teen Aubrey Peters Remembered At Candlelight Vigil
Fired Founder: Men's Wearhouse 'Began Throwing Me Out Of My Office'
Kelly Clarkson Responds To Cheating Rumors With Twitter Blast
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have
- Taming the Outdoors: How To Pick the Perfect Christmas Tree
- 15 Ideas For A Black And White Christmas