Prosciutto & Goat Cheese Bruschetta
Preheat oven to 375 F.
On a sheet tray lay out the slices of bread and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil. Turn each piece over and drizzle again so both sides have some oil on them. Toast in the hot oven for 1-2 minutes until slightly crispy but without color. Whilst still hot, gently rub each slice on one side with a garlic clove then set aside.
Layer each slice of toast with 2-3 slices of goat cheese, a twisted piece of prosciutto and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil. Put tray of bruschetta back into the oven and heat for about 2 minutes -- until cheese is melted, prosciutto is crispy and bread is golden brown.
Place the lentils in a large saucepan and cover with 2-3 times the amount of water. Add thyme sprigs and season with salt. Bring to a simmer and cook for 12-15 minutes until they are soft and tender. They should not be falling apart. Salt to taste then drain any remaining liquid. Set aside.
In a large saute pan heat a 2-count of olive oil over medium heat and add the garlic and red onion. Cook until tender and slightly translucent then add the honey balsamic vinaigrette to the onions. In a large mixing bowl add the lentils, washed spinach and the caramelized onions. Toss to coat and season with salt & pepper.
To serve, lay the prosciutto & goat cheese toast on a plate and serve with warm honey-balsamic spinach salad.
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
- Mezzelune dolci (Half-Moon-Shape Sweet Pasta Filled with Candied Fruit)
- Braised Pork Shoulder with Tomatoes, Cinnamon, and Olives Over Polenta
Articles Like ThisMore Articles »
Add a Comment
'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram
5-Year-Old's Attempt To Forge Mommy's Signature Is Definitely Frame-Worthy
Kesha Drops Dollar Sign From Her Name After Leaving Rehab
Family Gets Sick From LSD-Tainted Meat From Florida Wal-Mart: Police
Lion Triplets Meet Dad For The First Time; Immediately Annoy The Hell Out Of Him
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses