Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken
This recipe was included as part of an article on pairing courses with sparkling alcoholic beverages at an upscale barbecue. Read this article in KitchenDaily's Skinny Chef hub.
Nutritional stats per serving (one 4-ounce wrapped chicken): 130 calories, 16 g protein, 0 g carbohydrates, 6 g fat (2g saturated), 43 mg cholesterol, 0 g fiber, 566 mg sodium
Heat a grill or grill pan over medium heat. With a small pairing knife make three or four small slits over the top of each piece of chicken. Slide in pieces of the garlic and sprinkle the salt over top. Place two basil leaves on top of each piece of chicken then wrap each with one slice of prosciutto. Secure the prosciutto with a tooth pick.
Coat the chicken bundles with a light layer of non stick cooking spray. Grill about 6 to 7 minutes total, turning once until the prosciutto is crisp and the chicken is cooked through. Rest 4 minutes before slicing and serving. Serve on a bed of arugula or baby greens drizzled with fresh lemon.
- Almaz’s Ethiopian Doro Wat (Chicken Curry) inspired by Cutting for Stone
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
- Braised Pork Shoulder with Tomatoes, Cinnamon, and Olives Over Polenta
Add a Comment
Miley Cyrus Uses A Teleprompter Onstage During Her Concerts
'Fashion Police' Mocks Pregnant Elsa Pataky's Oscars Look, Jokes About Her 'Beer Belly'
Mummified Body Of Woman Found At Detroit-area Home
Award-Winning Photo Tells Us More About The Syria Crisis Than Any Statistic Can
Did Michael Jackson Have A Secret Son? Well, Here's What's Going On
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses