Quick Shepherd's Pie
Provided By: Ian Knauer
Facing a mound of uneaten mashed potatoes? Celebrate. It saves you a step when making this hearty beef shepherd's pie.
Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Add onion, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper and saute, stirring occasionally, until onion is golden, about 5 minutes. Add beef and 1/2 teaspoon salt and brown meat, stirring to break up lumps, about 4 minutes. Add soup and Worcestershire and bring to a boil. Boil until liquid in pan is completely evaporated, about 10 minutes.
Transfer beef mixture to a 3-qt flameproof baking dish, then spread potatoes evenly over beef. Broil until potatoes are browned in places and heated through, about 8 minutes.
- Pasta with Green Beans, Potatoes and Basil Pesto (Pasta Alla Ligure)
- Beef and Carrots in Stout with Parsley and Horseradish Dumplings
- Bacon and Gorgonzola Cornbread Sliders with Chipotle Mayo
Add a Comment
Miley Cyrus Uses A Teleprompter Onstage During Her Concerts
8 Couples Who Don't Take The Whole Wedding Thing Too Seriously
Kate Middleton's Date-Night Outfit Has Us Drooling
These 9 Maps Should Absolutely Outrage Southerners
An Otter Attacked An Alligator, And Then Ate It (PHOTOS)
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses