Quinoa and Fruit Power Bars
Provided By: Sandy Gluck
The jury is out about oatmeal and gluten, although it seems that most people who are gluten-intolerant can handle oats. But if oats cause a problem these bars are for you. Quinoa flakes are gluten-free in addition to containing a fair amount of protein. Look for quinoa flakes in health food stores and some specialty shops.
Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9 x 9-inch baking pan with parchment, leaving a 1-inch overhang on 2 sides.
Spread quinoa on a baking sheet and bake 15 minutes, tossing once or twice, until lightly browned and fragrant. Transfer to a large bowl.
Add rice cereal, banana chips, apricots, raisins, and salt; toss to combine. Add egg whites, agave nectar, sunflower seed butter, and vanilla and stir to combine.
Transfer to pan and using a dampened spatula spread and flatten to make even. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until set and crisp around edges. Cool 5 minutes in pan, then using overhang, lift out of pan and transfer to wire rack to cool. Cut into 16 bars.
- Meringue Nests with Roasted Rhubarb and Strawberry Sauce
- Roasted Cod and Potatoes with Orange Butter Gremolata
- Fresh Spinach Salad with Dried Cranberries and Pecans
Add a Comment
This Girl's Reaction To 'Engagement Season' Is Pretty Much Perfect
Britney Spears On 'Chaotic': 'The Worst Thing I've Done In My Career'
Selena Gomez Curses, Storms Off Stage At Jingle Ball 2013
Obama Faces Backlash Over New Corporate Powers In Secret Trade Deal
Anne Hathaway In 'Sound Of Music Live'? Von Trapp Family Reveals Their Ideal Choice For Maria
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- This Incredibly Popular 'Food' Instagram Is Not What It Seems
- 18 Biggest Baking Mishaps and How To Avoid Them
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have