Red & White Scoops with Blueberries and Shooting Stars
Heat oven to 425°F. Have baking sheet(s) ready. Trace outline of Shooting Star and cut a pattern from cardboard.
Working with 1 tortilla at a time (keep rest covered to prevent drying), use pattern to cut out 4 shooting stars from each tortilla. Place on baking sheet(s); brush both sides with butter.
Bake 3 to 4 minutes per side until golden and crisp (be careful, they overbake quickly). Remove to a wire rack; immediately dust with confectioners’ sugar stirred through a strainer. Let cool completely.
To serve: If needed, lightly dust with sugar again. Scoop gelato and sorbetinto 8 individual dessert dishes (preferably stemmed glass); sprinkle with blueberries. Place a shooting star on top of each. Garnish with mint.
Planning Tip: The Shooting Stars may be made up to 1 week ahead. Store airtight with wax paper between layers at room temperature.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 8 Total|
|Calories||280||Calories from fat||81|
|Total Fat||9gm||14%||Saturated Fat||5gm||25%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Woman's Day
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
Kesha Drops Dollar Sign From Her Name After Leaving Rehab
- Mummified Body Of Woman Found At Detroit-area Home
- 5-Year-Old's Attempt To Forge Mommy's Signature Is Definitely Frame-Worthy
Award-Winning Photo Tells Us More About The Syria Crisis Than Any Statistic Can
Girl Speaks Gibberish With Perfect Accents To Show What Languages Sound Like To Foreigners
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses