Red-Wine Braised Cabbage, Pearl Onions, and Pears
Frozen pearl onions are key here - they allow you to enjoy the little treasures tucked into the folds of the purple cabbage without the hassle of peeling.
Peel pears, halve lengthwise, then core. Slice pears into 1/4 -inch-thick slices, then toss in a bowl with vinegar.
Add onions, cinnamon stick, and bay leaf to rendered bacon fat and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until onions have browned, about 5 minutes.
Add cabbage, wine, broth, tomato paste, salt, and pepper. Cook over moderate heat, covered, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is firm-tender, about 30 minutes.
Add pears and vinegar to cabbage and cook 15 minutes more. Remove bay leaf and serve.
Add a Comment
Mummified Body Of Woman Found At Detroit-area Home
Miley Cyrus Uses A Teleprompter Onstage During Her Concerts
- Malaysia Airlines Plane, Flight MH370, Goes Missing
- Award-Winning Photo Tells Us More About The Syria Crisis Than Any Statistic Can
Did Michael Jackson Have A Secret Son? Well, Here's What's Going On
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses