Rice and Beans with Okra and Kielbasa
Provided By: Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
This is a quick version of the dish from New Orleans called Dirty Rice. Frozen peppers and okra just help with speeding up the process.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then cook kielbasa, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 3 minutes, transferring with a slotted spoon to a bowl. Heat remaining tablespoon oil in skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then cook, onions, bell peppers, garlic, and salt, covered, stirring occasionally, until softened and, about 5 minutes. Add okra, kielbasa, scallions and cook, covered until heated through.
Add a Comment
- Miley Cyrus Uses A Teleprompter Onstage During Her Concerts
8 Couples Who Don't Take The Whole Wedding Thing Too Seriously
'Fashion Police' Mocks Pregnant Elsa Pataky's Oscars Look, Jokes About Her 'Beer Belly'
These 9 Maps Should Absolutely Outrage Southerners
- Woman Who Was Abandoned In Burger King As A Baby Searches For Birth Mom On Facebook
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses