Rich Chocolate Cake
Provided By: Melissa Roberts
Place oven rack in center and preheat oven to 350F. Generously butter a 9-inch round cake pan, line bottom with parchment, then dust with some cocoa powder, knocking out excess.
Whisk together water, buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a bowl until smooth. In another large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, 2/3 cup cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add wet ingredients to dry mixture, whisking until just combined. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a tester comes out clean and sides just begin to pull away from sides, 40 to 45 minutes.
Cool cake in pan on a rack 30 minutes, then invert cake onto rack removing parchment and cool completely. Dust with some cocoa powder (if desired) before serving.
Make ahead: Cake improves in flavor and moistness if made 1 day ahead. Store loosely wrapped in foil at room temperature.
Add a Comment
5-Year-Old's Attempt To Forge Mommy's Signature Is Definitely Frame-Worthy
'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram
The Worst Product Flops Of All Time: 24/7 Wall Street
'Lick This' App Teaches Oral Sex Via Phone-Licking
Robert Gates On Crimea: 'I Do Not Believe That Crimea Will Slip Out Of Russia's Hand'
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses