Roasted Apple Butter
Making apple butter in the oven, rather than on the stovetop, produces a delectable spread with a distinctive caramelized flavor. This is a healthful alternative to commercial varieties, which usually contain added sugars.
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Arrange apples in a large roasting pan. Pour apple juice over the apples. Bake until tender and lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Using a fork or potato masher, thoroughly mash the apples in the roasting pan.
2. Reduce oven temperature to 350°. Bake the apple puree, stirring occasionally, until very thick and deeply browned, 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours. Scrape into a bowl and let cool.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 32 Total|
Nutrition Facts provided by: EatingWell
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
Lindsay Lohan Poses In Cutout Swimsuit While In Miami
These Celebrity Weddings Of 2013 Took Our Breath Away
Ja Rule Responds To Gay Rumors, Denies Leaving His Wife For Prison Cellmate
Who Is Paul Walker's Girlfriend Jasmine Pilchard-Gosnell?
Jada Pinkett Smith Rocked A Bikini This Thanksgiving While You Were Stuffing Your Face
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have