Roasted Chicken Salad with Garlic Toasts
Rotisserie chickens have become all the rage in our local supermarkets”and why not? They can be the base of a quick, almost-homemade dinner in no time. Here, roasted chicken turns into an easy salad with some crusty garlic bread on the side.
1. Mince one garlic clove and whisk with vinegar, oil and olives in a medium bowl. Toss greens in the dressing to coat well.
2. Rub each bread slice with the remaining garlic clove. (Discard garlic.) Divide the salad among 4 plates, place chicken on top and serve with the bread.
Ingredient Note: Store-bought rotisserie chicken is convenient and practical”but much higher in sodium than a home-roasted bird. Even the unseasoned varieties have been marinated or seasoned with salty flavorings. People with hypertension should think twice before choosing store-bought.
4 ounces home-roasted chicken: 100 mg sodium
4 ounces rotisserie chicken: 350-450 mg sodium
|Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total|
|Calories from fat||180||Total Fat||20gm||31%|
|Saturated Fat||4gm||20%||Mono Unsaturated Fat||12gm|
Nutrition Facts provided by: EatingWell
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
- Oklahoma Tornado Aftermath Leaves Trail Of Destruction In Moore (PHOTOS, LIVE UPDATES)
- 'Fat' Abercrombie Ads Are A Brilliant Response To CEO Mike Jeffries (PHOTOS)
Jodi Arias Wants To Live: In Statement, Murderer Tells Jury She Doesn't Want Death (VIDEO)
Oklahoma City Tornado 2013: Storms Tear Across Central U.S. (LIVE UPDATES, PHOTOS, VIDEO)
Trenda Purcell, Oklahoma Mom, Reunites With 8-Year-Old Son After Tornado (VIDEO)
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Staff Picks: Our Favorite Spring Produce
- Los Angeles: Eat the Huaraches and Gorditas at Antojitos Carmen